Friday, April 10, 2015

It's been forever!

WOW! I need to get better about blogging during the year! I'm sorry I've been MIA for quite some time, but I'm back to bloggin'. :) I thought Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday would be the perfect opportunity to catch up on everything that has been going on in my classroom and share some [FREEBIES] with you!



I got to do some spring cleaning on my PINTEREST and update the covers! I felt bad for everyone who was following my at the time because of the constant cover updates.. yikes sorry! 




This water cycle activity was so much fun to do with my students. They completely grasped the concept too. It is so simple. 
You will need: ziploc bags, sharpies, tape and water annnnnd that's it! 
I let each student have a bag, but you can do one for the whole class. Condensation forms in the bag and runs down the side (precipitation). I have also seen teachers put food coloring in the water, which is an awesome idea that I wish we would have done! The students wrote the diagram of the water cycle on their bag. After the water was poured into their bag, we hung them on our window. 




Are your students in need of some writing motivation? I 'm always trying to find small ways to make writing more enjoyable for those students who struggle. I came up with this idea as we were covering informative writing where the students had to research different topics. I glued these labels onto folders and gave them to my students for their weekly writing. It keeps them organized and makes them feel like even smarter researchers! You can grab Researcher Labels for FREE! by clicking HERE. I would love to see how you incorporate them in your classroom!




I started uploading JOURNEYS READING SERIES for 2nd Grade supplemental packets! I'm getting myself prepared for next year and hope to help other teachers using this reading curriculum. If you use it, what do you think about it? What do you like? What do you dislike? I can use your comments to help create the supplemental activities. :) 

View the packets individually: 

Hopefully I will have all of Unit 1 uploaded soon!



Last thing- another FREEEEEEEEBIE! Your students can practice building their own flowers using my Parts of a Flower Freebie from my TPT store! Enjoy! 




Whew! I'm happy to be back!



 photo 023bb102-7468-44c0-aedc-5696648f1b32.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com