Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Liebster award + a FALL SALE!

Thank you so much to Hannah from 21st Century Kindergarten and Karen from Applejacks Teacher for nominating me for this award! What's this award all about, you ask? Bloggers who have less than 200 followers, but have lots of great things to share are nominated! I definitely don't have 200 blog followers (workin' on it!) but I love connecting with other teachers around the country WORLD! 





Why and how long ago did you start blogging
I started my blog a month after I became a seller on TpT. I became a seller this past May and  I noticed how much TPT sellers were discussing blog posts, so I thought I'd give it a shot! I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I have. 

What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
Connecting! Without the support through the teaching community, our blogs would not even have the potential to reach out to other educators. Maybe I'm cheating by picking such a broad word, but the connections I have made through TPTing and blogging have allowed ME to become a better teacher by gathering new ideas or tips!

 Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
I wish I started documenting student work earlier to post those onto my blog. I find the blogs with actual student work much more appealing!

What is your favorite past time other than blogging?
If I'm not TPT-ing, I am most likely spending time with close friends and family. 

How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog? 
Hmmmm... well that depends on my workload during the week, but I would say I spend about 3 hours per week on my blog. One post a week is what I aim for. 

What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy organization/ classroom reveal posts. This is my favorite category because I get SO many ideas from them. I am not an organized person at all... so these posts help A LOT! 

Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from the classroom and my products! 

Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
My favorite post is How Should I Teach Matter? this was my first post where I included student work, lots of ideas AND a product included! 

Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now?
Of course! Next on my to-do list is a big Thanksgiving post. Starting my first linky was on my to-do list for a very long time, so now that the Sunday Spotlight is up and running, I feel better!

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I love having all of my ideas in one place. It's my own personal journal that helps me reflect on my teaching styles and connect with amazing educators! 

Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself?
From Karen's blog, I loved her idea with celebrating birthdays in the classroom! Such a cute idea. On Hannah's blog, her post with 3 Ways to Read is so wonderful! 

To celebrate the nominations and motivation, I think it is time for a sale! I am FALLing in love with Fall sales! :D For this linky party, sellers put 2 of their products on sale for $2.00!


The first product I am putting on sale for $2 (usually $3) is my Goal Setting Packet: Motivating and Building Confidence. This is one of my *BEST SELLERS*!

Another best seller of mine will be on sale for only $2.00! My Motivational Quotes: Posters to Inspire are usually $3.00! 

Enjoy the sale and HAPPY FALL!



 photo 023bb102-7468-44c0-aedc-5696648f1b32.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com