Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My First Book Talk Tuesday

I am linking up with Deanna Jump to talk about books! I have many classroom favorites in my book collection, but my all time favorite has to be:
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by 
he concept of cause of effect occurs throughout the entire book! If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll need a straw... and a napkin....and a mirror.... and a broom... the list goes on! 

As the mouse is requesting all of these favors, the generous young boy remains patient with the mouse and wants to meet his needs. I think my students enjoy this book so much because they can relate to both the mouse and the young boy.- The mouse can be somewhat of a needy little mouse requesting many things at the same time. On the other hand, the boy cares about this little mouse and wants him to be happy. Many students would relate this back to a family member caring for them. A major point I make with this story is how much the young boy is sharing with the mouse. Once I praise a student for sharing, or "giving his/her mouse friend a cookie", others want to act like the mouse's friend too! 

I can't wait for next week's BOOK TALK TUESDAY!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com